Shaving Product First Impression - Barrister's Reserve
#MailCall - What could it be? Why, it's the very latest from Barrister and Mann called Barrister's Reserve - which will be released on September 10, 2016! It's billed as "the world's most advanced aftershave" and I'll be putting it through its paces to see if that claim holds water.
They come in 100ml bottles @ $24.99 each w/FREE shipping in the USA - order here for 10% off!
The four parts of the Barristers's Reserve review are:
Barrister's Reserve #aftershave represents two years of research and development and literally contains the finest ingredients available according to #BarristerMann. It was designed base first, fragrance second, and went through somewhere between 80 and 100 formula revisions before it was felt that the aim of the project had been accomplished. Then it went through a dozen or so more in response to feedback received from the beta.
First, let's take a look at the scents... There will be three upon initial release, followed by another two (or three) later on. The overriding principle in bringing back these scents are as close to perfect as possible - or not at all.
- Spice - Old Spice (of 1957 vintage)
- Classic - Gillette Sun Up (1960s)
- Cool - Flöid Blue (discontinued 2015)
Two of the other scents coming will be as follows; I can't talk about the third one right now:
- Lavender - Caldey Island Lavender (1959), referred to by Luca Turin as the greatest lavender soliflore of all time.
- Fern - Vintage Houbigant Fougère Royale (1882). The real stuff, not the weird chemical juice they sell now.
Now let's take a look at just some of the ingredients... Each of which represents best-in-class performance and generally the world's most powerful in the effect(s) each one has.
- Allantoin - soothing agent, moisturizer, wound-healer, etc.
- Swiss botanical extract - heals skin on a microscopic level.
- Licorice extract - anti-inflammatory.
- Panthenol - redness reducer.
- German chamomile extract - redness reducer and anti-inflammatory.
- Sodium lactate - moisturizer.
- Glycerin - cleaner, toner and moisturizer.
- Aloe extract - soothing agent and moisturizer.
- Witch hazel - astringent and anti-inflammatory.
- Vegetable dye - gives each scent its unique color.
Here's a sample list of ingredients (varies by scent):
Witch Hazel Water (Hamamelis Virginiana), SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denatured), Water (Aqua), Organic Licorice Root Extract (Glycyrrhiza Glabra), Glycerin, Taurine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorella (Chlorella Vulgaris)/White Lupin Protein Ferment (Lupinus Albus), Eleuthero Root Extract (Acanthopanax Senticosus), Organic Alcohol, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Allantoin, Organic Aloe Leaf Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), German Chamomile Flower Extract (Matricaria Recutita), Provitamin B5 (Panthenol), Menthol, Neem Flower Extract (Melia Azadirachta), Neem Leaf Extract (Melia Azadirachta), Amino Esters-1, Ivy Gourd Fruit Extract (Coccinia Indica), Eggplant Fruit Extract (Solanum Melongena), Aloe Flower Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Henna Extract (Lawsonia Inermis), Holy Basil Leaf Extract (Ocimum Sanctum), Turmeric Root Extract (Curcuma Longa), Pearl Powder, Sodium Lactate, Benzoic Acid, Linalool, Butyl Phenyl Methyl Propional (Lilial)(Rep2-), Methyl Ionone Gamma; Alpha-Iso-Methylionone, D-Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Citral, IsoEugenol, Cinnamic Alcohol (Cinnamyl Alcohol), Geraniol, Eugenol, Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate