As the summer has ended, that can mean only one thing... Autumn seasonal releases! Check out the list below for what's going on (and coming up) in the shaving market this year.
Much like in prior seasons, such as pumpkin season last fall or lavender season this past spring, I like to compile lists of some of the shaving software that makes an appearance during that particular time of year. As you're probably aware, the autumn season is probably one of the most popular, followed only by spring and the holidays. There are just so many new scents released (or re-released) that it can be hard to keep up. I'm going to make it easy for you.
Note that the list below is not yet complete but should give you a great introduction to some of the newest (and returning) items. These are mostly autumn (seasonal) releases but might cross over a bit. I will link to the "soap" page on the vendor's site, for now (as many have no matching aftershave). I've also listed the scent notes wherever possible.
- Barrister and Mann - Fougére Gothique (lavender, oakmoss, bergamot, geranium, tonka bean, balsam fir, vetiver, cedar, mushroom, smooth musks, sandalwood, leather, tuberose, ash and flame), Leviathan (coffee, leather and sandalwood) and Lime|Lavender|Cedarwood (lime, lavender and cedarwood)
- Black Ship Grooming Co. - Ghost Ship (sandalwood, black amber, grapefruit and menthol)
- Chatillon Lux - La Quatrième Ville (vetiver, cypress, incense, violet leaf, cardamom, benzoin), Omnostre (cardamom, vetiver, myrrh, pink pepper, musk and petitgrain mandarin) and La Forêt de Liguest (cypress, cedarwood, coriander, oakmoss, vetiver, vanilla, benzoin, geranium, rose, tuberose, juniper, bergamot, grapefruit, musk and patchouli)
- Cold River Soap Works - Bay Rum (bay, clove, juniper and orange) and Spiced Amber (amber, cedar, sandalwood, patchouli, cardamom, clove and teakwood)
- Dapper Dragon Soaps - Autumn Morning (coffee, Brazil nuts, "leaves," lily, oakmoss and orange) and Ouroboros (sandalwood, sweet orange and Egyptian musk)
- Dr. Jon's - Blood Oath (blood orange, casia, coriander, ho wood, marjoram, copaiba and vanilla)
- Fuzzy Face Soaps - Cinnamon Sticks (top notes of butter, sweet icing and warm baked bread; middle notes of cinnamon, clove, anise, cardamon and ginger; base notes of vanilla bean, brown sugar and maple), Cranberry Fig (cranbery, fig, blood orange and pink grapefruit), Gingersnap (ginger, caraway seed, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla), Sleigh Ride (orange, green apple, peppermint and cloves), Autumn Spice (orange, lemon, cinnamon, mocha, thyme, nutmeg and candied ginger) and Pumpkin Souffle (walnut, pecan, espresso, pumpkin, caramel, ginger, cinnamon and allspice)
- Ginger's Garden - Skully (wet soil, teakwood, cedar, mushrooms, wet leaves and green moss)
- Grooming Dept - Wonderland (cedarwood, musk, leather, guiacwood, tobacco, hay, civet, castoreum and sandalwood)
- Local Gent Shaving Co. - Blackmoor (sandalwood, fresh pine, patchouli, sweet musk, and dark amber)
- L&L Grooming - Darkfall (cinnamon, clove, agarwood, amber, benzoin and birch tar)
- Mickey Lee Soapworks - Unforgiven (rosewood, birch tar, amber, patchouli, sandalwood, and caramel)
- Mystic Water Soap - Pumpkin Spice (pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom)
- Phoenix and Beau - Borealis (star anise, tangerine, Siberian fir and Scotch pine) and Whitechapel (leather, tobacco, chocolate, lilac and smoke)
- Shannon's Soaps - Spiced Cranberry (soon)
- Soap Commander - Unity (apple, fig, cranberry, vanilla, greenery and spices), Persistence (cedarwood, spices, patchouli, sandalwood, amber, myrrh and citrus) and Drive (leather, vetiver, suede, musk, tonka bean, basil and patchouli)
- Soapy Bathman - Fall at the Cabin
- Stirling Soap Company - Autumn Glory and Pumpkin Spice (pumpkin, allspice and nutmeg)
- Through the Fire Fine Craft - '66 Stang (hard cider, cedar and black pepper)
- Uncle Jon's - Pumpkin Spice (pumpkin, clove, vanilla, allspice and "more")
- Van Yulay - Mountain Retreat (sandalwood, birch, fern, amber and cardamom) and When October Goes (apples, orange, "wood & leaves" and tobacco)
- Wet Shaving Products - Pumpkin Spice (cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, spices, vanilla, caramel, and pumpkin)
I will continue to update this post often as the season winds on, so do check back often and catch something new! Of course, if there's something you don't see listed - by all means contact me or comment below!